New England Anger Managment & Mental Health is a part-time private practice.
I am a pastoral and clinical mental health counselor specializing in individual and couples therapy.
My individual therapy includes specialty work with trauma (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), anxiety, depression, anger, domestic violence, and adjustments issues.
I have over twenty years experience in couples counseling/therapy - to include premarital counseling as well.
In addition to the above, I have eleven years experience leading anger managment groups in a variety of settings (church, community, homeless shelters, state prison, combat deployment tour). I also have for the past two years led domestic violence groups for perpetrators of domestic violence.
My certificatioins/specialized training includes, but is not limited to:
- Certified Prolonged Exposure Therapist (PE for PTSD)
- Certified Cognitive Processing Therapist (CPT for PTSD)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapty for Depression (CBT-D)
- Gottman Couples Therapy (level 3 trained, currently in certification process)
- Certified Anger Management Trainer (CAMT)
- EMERGE Advanced Abuser Education trained
My full time work is with the Veterans Administration, doing psychotherapy with combat veterans. I myself am a military veteran and have deployed for one year to Kuwait.
I also currently serve as an Army Chaplain (MAJ) in the New Hampshire Army National Guard, and am a designated Army Family Life Chaplain.
For more detailed and up to date information about me and my training, please see my Curriculum Vitae.
Rev. Philip Meher