New England Anger Managment & Mental Health is a part-time private practice.
I am a pastoral and clinical mental health counselor specializing in individual and couples therapy.
My individual therapy includes specialty work with trauma (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), anxiety, depression, anger, domestic violence, and adjustments issues.
I have over thirty years experience in couples counseling/therapy - to include premarital counseling as well.
In addition to the above, I have 14 years experience leading anger management groups in a variety of settings (church, community, homeless shelters, state prison, combat deployment tour). I also have for the past six years led domestic violence groups for perpetrators of domestic violence.
My certificatioins/specialized training includes, but is not limited to:
- Certified Prolonged Exposure Therapist (PE for PTSD)
- Certified Cognitive Processing Therapist (CPT for PTSD)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapty for Depression (CBT-D)
- Certified Gottman Couples Therapist
- Certified Anger Management Trainer (CAMT)
- EMERGE Advanced Abuser Education trained
- Danger Assessment Certified
- ASIST Master Trainer (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
My full time work is with the Veterans Administration, doing psychotherapy with combat veterans. I myself am a military veteran and have deployed for one year to Kuwait.
I also serve as an Army Hospital Chaplain (MAJ) in the US Army Reserves (399th Field Hospital), and am a designated Army Family Life Chaplain.
For more detailed and up to date information about me and my training, please see my Curriculum Vitae .
Rev. Philip Meher